Note: This is Part 1 of a two-part series.
The Power of Writing a Book to Build Your Brand Part 1 – Self and Traditional Publishing in Today's World
Have you been toying with the idea of writing a book to build your business or personal brand? Many entrepreneurs and executives have reaped huge benefits from publishing. But getting there is a process, requiring dozens of decisions. Part 1 of this webinar, led by Karen Leland, will show you the pathway to conceiving, writing and publishing a successful book.
- The 5 most common reasons why entrepreneurs and executives publish a book
- The pros and cons of self vs. traditional publishing
- Do you have the content for a book or just an article?
- What’s in a book proposal and why you need one
- Reasons to hire a ghost writer – or not
- The art of getting an agent – or if you even need one
- The brave new world of hybrid publishing
- How and when you should approach agents/publishers
About Karen Leland
Karen Tiber Leland is the president of Sterling Marketing Group, a branding and marketing strategy and implementation firm helping CEOs, executives and entrepreneurs develop stronger personal, business and team brands. Her clients include Cisco, Google, American Express, Marriott Hotels, Apple Computer, LinkedIn and Twitter.
She is the best-selling author of nine traditionally published business books which have sold more than 400,000 copies. Her most recent book is The Brand Mapping Strategy: Design, Build and Accelerate Your Brand. She writes regularly for Inc.com, Forbes.com and Entrerenuer.com. She has worked with dozens of entrepreneurs and executives ghost writing book proposals, ebooks and non-fiction, trade publication books.
Karen has spoken for Harvard, TEDX Yale, YPO, The AMA, Direct Marketing Association and Stanford, among others. She has been interviewed on The Today Show, CNN, CNBC and Oprah.
sterlingmarketinggroup.com LinkedIn @KarenFLeland