We connect, develop and advocate for the advancement of women in the workplace - and we do this internally too. As a nonprofit, we believe in working with people who support our mission and focus on empowering our members to make their mark in their companies, careers and communities.
See current available opportunities below:
VP of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships
For the past 25 years, Watermark has been the leading community of top women executives, emerging executives and entrepreneurs in the San Francisco Bay Area whose mission is to increase the number of women in leadership positions. The membership organization connects, develops and advocates for the advancement of women in the workplace by offering regular leadership development programs and networking opportunities and promoting gender diversity and equality initiatives. Watermark is a not-for-profit organization 501(c)(3) that carries out educational activities and programs. We are seeking a new team member (VP of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships) to help us continue to provide exceptional experiences and move the dial on gender parity.
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Our VP of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships secures and maintains productive relationships with sponsors/strategic partners, develops new revenue streams via strategic partnerships, oversees membership and manages the Manager of Sponsors and Watermark workshop facilitation. The job is based in the San Francisco Bay Area – you'll attend Watermark events and visit Bay Area sponsors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Research and generate leads for potential new sponsors
- Schedule pitch meetings and follow up for interested
- Evaluate needs of potential sponsors to maximize benefit
- Draft Proposed Contracts
- Review, Mark-up/Approve Contracts, MSAs, and SOWs provided by potential sponsors
· Hold quarterly meetings with each sponsor to ensure satisfaction
- Create/send monthly customized newsletter, Sponsor Skinny for sponsors
- Conduct onboarding calls together with Sponsorship Manager
Manage the Sponsor Manager
- Hold weekly team round up calls
- Attend meetings on as needed basis
- Review tracking of complimentary ticket use and Comp code creation
- Assist in renewal conversations 60 before expiration of the contract
- Assist in meetings with each sponsor to evaluate prior sponsorship year and negotiate new contracts for the next cycle
- Review, Mark-up/Approve Contracts, MSAs, and SOWs provided by renewing sponsors
· Work with Marketing to ensure that all sponsorship pitch materials and website language is up-to-date
- Track renewal and new membership
- Conduct monthly new member calls
Strategic Partnerships/New Revenue Streams
- Develop strategic partner strategy
- Individually research and work with CEO to identify prospective strategic partners focused on the following categories:
- Educational Partners
- IP Partners
Supplier Partners (i.e. workshops facilitators, additional programming to offer sponsors)
- Technology Partners (for the organization, as well as value add for membership)
- Set up meetings with potential strategic partners
- Formulate strategic partner proposals
- Draft, Review, Mark-up/Approve Contracts
- Manage and facilitate relationships with new partners
- Work with Marketing to cross-promote advantageous initiatives
Workshop Facilitator Coordination
- Review Watermark workshop facilitators with Sponsorship Manager
- Attend workshops with facilitators when needed
- Minimum 10 years of sales/business development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Be located in the Bay Area, and be able to travel throughout the Bay Area regularly
- Passion for our mission
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Watermark's CEO, Marlene Williamson, at email@example.com. Please note, due to the high volume of inquires, we will respond only to those who we are interested in.
Digital Demand Content and Community Strategist
Watermarking is looking to hire a full-time Digital Demand Content and Community Strategist. Watermark’s website is our central connection to the world and our members and potential members, with demand for content, e-commerce and membership management. This personal would be responsible for owning the management of the Watermark website (technical, content), member portal, analytics, and new educational platform with real-site service and support.
- Savvy with technology, oversees all facets of the website, its design, functionalities and UX, YourMembership, data-driven for analytics
- Content: Excellent writing skills (technical, content, blogging, etc.)
- Community: Membership Management (login, customer service, group registration, and general member trouble-shooting, metrics analysis, usage reports)
- Technology: Technology platform owner of all tools utilized at Watermark (YourMembership, HigherLogic, FreeStone, Egnyte, DropBox, etc.); recommendations for upgrades, plug-ins, new tools, etc. through RFPs and business lines
- Google Analytics for website, analysis and reporting
- Video vendor/production or upload capability and vendor recommendation
- Misc: Event support as needed; technology tool recommendations; ability to attend events and support from a technology perspective (live-stream, etc.)
- 5-8 years site, app and tech management experience
- Independent, self-starter with history of taking initiative
- Preferred experience with video, podcast and web product build
- Experience with data analytics, surveys, etc. required
- Proven track record in growing community through digital outreach
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Marketing, Communications, Technology or Business
Please note that this is a full-time remote position but candidate must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
To apply, please EMAIL US your cover letter and resume.
Interested in working with our team, but don't see a position? Email us your resume, and if there is an opportunity that matches, we'll let you know!