"It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent."
- Madeleine Albright
Sponsor Inside Skinny
Wealth Management Mantras with Leigh Wasson and Jennifer Nelson
10-11 A.M. | Wednesday, September 27th
September is Wealth Month at Watermark! We recognize that your personal financial path is just as important as your professional career path. Leigh and Jennifer will share their best “wealth management mantras,” along with key tips that will help guide you as you build your wealth. Register for this webinar HERE
Below are the questions we encourage you to share with your colleagues to discuss in association with the webinar.
- What was the most surprising thing you heard?
- Do you feel better now? Or worse?
- Do you feel like you have some good action steps to take now?
The Art of Storytelling with Valerie Chan
10-11 A.M. | Wednesday, October 4th
We're excited to have Valerie Chan for our October webinar! Below are the questions we encourage you to share with your colleagues to discuss in association with the webinar.
- Whether you are seeking a promotion, a new job, VC investment or a new customer, the same principles of storytelling apply. Would anyone like to volunteer to “tell your story” now that you’ve participated in the webinar?
- Let’s revisit the six elements of a compelling story outlined in this webinar:
Step 1: Make a connection with your customer/boss/co-worker/etc...
Step 2: Paint a vision of what success looks like
Step 3: Name the problem
Step 4: What is the solution?
Step 5: Let your customer/boss/co-worker/etc... take center stage
Step 6: Ground your vision in reality
- Does your current narrative tick all those boxes?
- Think about where you currently “tell your story.” Do you think you’re resonating with your different audiences? How so? Where can you improve?
- Take a step back and remember why you do what you do. Are you still articulating that story when you speak to others?
- A simple but effective exercise: Pick a partner and practice your storytelling technique.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THESE COMPLIMENTARY WEBINARS ARE OPEN TO YOUR ENTIRE ORGANIZATION – GLOBALLY! Please share the below invitation with anyone in your organization that you think would benefit from the content.
The Global Voices Film Festival
12-10 P.M. | Saturday, September 16th | Premier Theater at Lucasfilm
Watermark has been asked to join in the support of this fantastic festivalhappening this Saturday! As such, we are excited to offer:
1. 5 free tickets to each of our three events — our regular film fest screenings Saturday, Sept 16th at Lucasfilm, followed by the Awards After Party at Lyft HQ.
2. A 50% discount on additional tickets for others in your organization.
To take advantage of these exclusive offers, please click HERE.
Investing in Gender Equality: The Math Works
6-8 P.M. | Tuesday, September 19th | Hewlett Packard Enterprise
BNY Mellon’s Return on Equality research, conducted in partnership with the UN Foundation with research support from McKinsey & Company, shows that investing in companies that advance gender equality in their workplaces, as well as through their products and services, has a direct impact on the bottom line. Gender equality is a precursor for growth – $300 billion worth, in fact, according to the research. Learn how best to direct your investment dollars in ways that support the issues you and others around the world care most about – and see your return on equality grow alongside your financial returns. Register HERE to join us!
The Conscious Leader: A Watermark Weekend for Women
Friday, September 29th - Sunday, October 1st| 1440 Multiversity
Are you ready to create a new paradigm through your leadership at work? Are you interested in dropping your excuses so you can move to the next level and become truly exceptional? If so, join us for a special Watermark Weekend on the beautiful 1440 Multiversity campus in Santa Cruz. This cutting-edge approach to leadership for women provides you with actionable consciousness practices that you can use daily to increase your productivity, creativity and connection. To view more details and register for this event, please click HERE.
Make Your Mark Awards
6-9 P.M. | Wednesday, November 1st | Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
Given the recent climate in the workplace, now more than ever we need to celebrate and support those who are encouraging greater gender parity in the workplace.
Watermark’s Annual Make Your Mark Awards are fast approaching and the timing couldn’t be better. Watermark has been recognizing the women, men and the company who are changing the world of work for women everywhere for over 20 years.
This year’s signature event takes place on November 1, 2017 from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency SFO. The Honorable Libby Schaaf, Mayor of Oakland will be the keynote speaker and is certain to be inspiring.
Please join me in supporting Watermark’s Make Your Mark Awards by either attending the event or perhaps as a sponsor. If you are interested in sponsorship, please e-mail Kate.