Posted By Administration,
Friday, June 12, 2020
| Comments (0)
How do we move from simple statements of support for Black Lives Matter to real action on diversity, equity, and inclusion? This week’s C-Suite Network conversation with Ulu Ventures cofounder and long-time champion of diversity in tech Miriam Rivera covered concrete steps that companies and individuals can take to drive change, and made a strong case for the business benefits of embracing this moment. We will be continuing this conversation in the coming weeks (and posting the replay to Miriam’s session next week). Meanwhile, if you’d like to fill the gaps in your historical knowledge and deepen your understanding of how systemic racism became so entrenched in our society, check out this list of helpful resources from our friends and partners. We invite you to join us on this journey and hope to see you at one of our upcoming programs, as we continue to invest in ourselves—and in a more equitable future.
Videos & TED Talks
- Trevor Noah on George Floyd and the Dominos of Social Justice
- Black Feminism & the Movement for Black Lives: Barbara Smith, Reina Gossett, Charlene Carruthers (50:48)
- "How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion" | Peggy McIntosh at TEDxTimberlaneSchools (18:26)
- The Path to Ending Systemic Racism in the US with Dr. Phillip Atiba Goff, Rashad Robinson, Dr. Bernice King, Anthony D. Romero
- We need to Address the Real Roots of Racial Violence by Megan Ming Francis, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Washington, where she specializes in the study of American politics, race, and the development of constitutional law
- Racism has a Cost for Everyone by public policy expert Heather C. McGhee
- How We Can Make Racism a Solvable Problem by justice scientist Dr. Phillip Atiba Goff
- How to Overcome Our Biases; Walk Boldly Towards Them by Diversity advocate Vernā Myers
- What it Take to be Racially Literate by Priya Vulchi and Winona Guo, two recent high school graduates who traveled to all 50 US states, collecting personal stories about race and intersectionality
- We Need to Talk about Injustice with human rights lawyer Bryan Stevenson
Films & Documentaries
Take Action Resources
Please share your resources so we can provide a collective voice to create real change.
This post has not been tagged.