Photos by Michele Nur
What a great evening! A special thanks to everyone for coming to our Watermark Thank You Do. And for those who couldn't join us – we missed you!
Special thanks, too, to our friends at Nest Labs and CCL. Such a beautiful setting for excellent presentations and rolling up our sleeves to brainstorm what leadership could – and should – look like as we all move forward.
Our survey responses indicated that you thought the event was a valuable use of your time. Among your favorite experiences:
- "Hearing different perspectives. Thinking about the difficult questions we tend to shy away from ordinarily."
- "It was thought-provoking to hear and talk about what we would like to see in the world to support women leaders. We still have a lot of work ahead."
- "Great to see so many people who are passionate about women in leadership."
Among the many commitments we're making:
- "Commit to myself not to conform, but to see the value in using my voice."
- "Think about how I can initiate more female partnerships and conversations."
- "Be more intentional about creating spaces to promote other women and their perspectives."
- "Connect with three new people I met today."
And our favorite:
- "Attend another Watermark event this year."
Sponsor Toolkit Follow Up
As we continue to refine our Sponsor Toolkit, we'd like to remind our Watermark sponsors to email Kate the names of those you've identified as admins and sponsor leads. We'll then give them special access to the toolkit and we'll set up toolkit on-boarding calls to customize your group page.
What Women Want: Join Us July 18 for More!
If you'd like to hear the full results of our "What Women Want" survey, plan to join us for What Women Want – and Why You Want More Women – in the Workplace, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 18, at Ericsson. CCL's Cathleen Clerkin will be back to share her findings and provide actionable steps that will ensure your workplace is one where your female talent can grow, thrive and excel in their careers – and boost your bottom line. We'd love to see you there.
Paradigm for Parity Reminder
If your company is ready to sign the Paradigm for Parity pledge that Watermark CEO Marlene Williamson referred to in her opening remarks, please email her and she'll provide you with more information. We hope all Watermark sponsors will sign the pledge.
Watermark Weekend for Women
And we hope you will join us at our Watermark Weekend for Women at 1440 Multiversity, Sept. 29-Oct. 1, in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains. Use Watermark as the promo code for a 20% discount. Along with hiking, yoga, great food and adult beverages, we'll gain valuable new insights via Abigail Stason's popular Conscious Leader presentation and workshop.
Again, many thanks for such a special evening. Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions!
In the meantime, have a look at our favorite tweets!