We certainly struck a chord with this topic! Our How to be Heard in a World that Interrupts Women #LeadOn Workshop with Dr. Miluna Fausch was a great success! The audience packed the room at DLA Piper, Tuesday, June 20. Many thanks to Monica Phillips for hosting us, to the folks who stepped up for Miluna's "laser coaching," to our volunteers (especially those from DeWinter Group!) and to all of you for joining us for such a special evening.
How about that amazing Q&A session? Among Miluna's "be heard" tips:
- Your real job when giving presentations is to be in the present moment – in your body, out of your head and maintain focus. This is where the magic occurs for you and for your audience. It is not about the PowerPoint. It's about bringing value to the audience.
- Give yourself time to prepare and practice before a presentation – it's key.
- Plant your feet and make sure they're lined up, unmoveable and grounded. Speak loudly enough to be heard. Don’t let a big audience intimidate you.
- Don’t say “sorry” without a valid reason.
- Breathe fully from the lower belly so you can project to the back of the room – sing from your feet. Your voice has depth, width, height and 3D volume.
And among our survey comments:
- "Loved the insight on working on my voice."
- "The speaker's great. Excellent interaction with the audience."
- "I appreciated the vulnerability and flow of the Q&A."
- "Very interactive. Allowed opportunity to practice techniques in real time."
- "Very valuable advice on dealing with day-to-day scenarios. Highly interactive session."
Another great Watermark evening. We'll post video shortly. In the meantime, here are a few of our favorite tweets: